May 24, 2011

So what is The Beautiful Truth?

Hey there!

If you are new to this site, or new to this ministry, I would love to connect you back to the blog describing what exactly The Beautiful Truth is and how it all began. So feel free to check it out here!

But just a quick overview of what this is:

It's a ministry that exists in order to bring God's truth back into the lives of young women. What's that truth? That each and every woman is absolutely beautiful just the way they are.

It's a website where young women and old can come and be reminded that they are not alone in the battle to feel beautiful.

It's a community of people desiring to bring healing to those struggling with self esteem issues.

It's an 8 week program that can take place in a church as a small group. Through out the 8 weeks, you will be breaking through six of the most obvious lies we as women face on a daily basis.
    6 Main Topics:
              Physical Beauty
              Food
              Sex
              Intelligence
              Comparing ourselves with other women
              Fitness

Each week we bring in a guest speaker that is an expert in each area, yet has also struggled with their own battle to feel beautiful.

I am under the Non-Profit Organization in the state of Washington called The Discovery Series so I have a network of people surrounding me and this new, wonderful thing called The Beautiful Truth.


God has already begun to do some incredible things through this ministry and here is one of the beautiful testimonies I have received so far:

When I went to The Beautiful Truth for the first time and Brittany shared her story and at the end she said "if any of you struggle with these things, i challenge you to read Psalm 139 everyday for 3 weeks-a month. I began to read it but not believing the words and I began to slip back into an eating disorder, I skipped meals and was trying to eat as little as possible and kept working out alot. But then something clicked and I was like "no" I can't be this girl again, so I actually admitted my problems and I flew home for the weekend. While there I continued to read Psalm 139 everyday, I came back to college and I had a renewed strength and knowledge that I could do this. I slowly began to believe the words in Psalm 139. I went to The Beautiful Truth and I was challenged every week. The one on fitness impacted me hugely because I realized I was not alone. I could relate to everything the speaker said and I knew that we both had the strength to make it through. I looked at her and thought she was gorgeous, and that made me think..I bet some people see me that way also. Throughout the semester, every time I got back from TBT I was happy and just got strength and wisdom for the week. It's funny again how God works because the one session that I wanted to go to the least was the one that changed me the most. It was "intelligence" and that guest speaker talked about lies we believe and how if we are ready to give them up and lay them at the cross, then just do it. I had been thinking about moving away from my past for quite a while and this was the perfect opportunity. I wrote down the lie of worthlessness that had consumed me for 6 yrs and I gave it to God at the cross. Then I picked up a verse about joy. Ever since that day I have a new freedom about me and I am filled with joy. As a reminder of how I gave God that lie, I put on a bracelet that says "give" everyday. When I put it on I say a prayer to God just saying that I give those lies and feelings to him and they will no longer control my life.

Isn't this just incredible? I can't wait to share even more with you!



It's such an awesome program so let me know if you ever want to bring it to your church!









         











No comments:

Post a Comment