May 27, 2011

Bikini's and Cellulite. They sure don't mix!

Ok ladies, how many times do we have to do this thing called swimming suit shopping?

I mean, don't get me wrong, I love having a cute swimsuit. It's just that I put off that whole shopping trip so that I don't have to experience the horrendous lights shining down on me, in that stark white dressing room, showing off my most secret "flaws". Or maybe they aren't so secret anymore now that I don't hide anything on here. Authenticity much?

Anyway, I've got a story for you. A few days ago a really good friend and I were on a hunt for some cute, comfy, FLATTERING swimming suits. We knew that we had put off this shopping trip long enough, and that it was time to head out and find one.

So here we are, more than enough adorable suits in hand, walking to the dressing room. Now, just a pre-cursor, my friend Char and I are more than loud. It's as though we forget there are other people in this world. I was in one dressing room, and she was in another down at the end of the room. Yet, as we were trying on suit after suit, we made sure to express everything going through our minds at the time.

"Oh Gosh, this thing does not look good."
"Why does it look so good on the hanger, then I put it on and it's like..."
"Since when do I have a small chest?"
"Really? It's as though cellulite has come out of NO WHERE?!"
"Oh, this one...this one is NASTY!"
"And my favorite of all, God, I'm still waiting to lose those 10 lbs!"

Well, once I felt defeated enough, I decided to head back out and pick out some more suits that just HAD to work.

And I ran into a friend!

And she said, "I thought that was you in the dressing room talking".....

:) Oops! That's about all I was thinking at the time. Someone else heard all of that? Heard all our vocal exposing of our flaws? SO LOUDLY?!

Crap....

Ya know, I can hear my Mom right now telling me that I've never been one to keep my thoughts to myself.

The funny thing is, my friend that hear our commentary on the suits said, "I was feelin the same thing!"

Why is it so hard to find a suit that makes us feel beautiful, but also comfortable?

I remember one conversation I had with my husband and he asked me if it was weird to wear a bikini being that it's basically the same as a bra and undies, except the fabric will hopefully not expose what REALLY needs to be hidden! My response was that it only feels weird if I have JUST eating the biggest hamburger and fries, or at the beginning of the summer when my skin hasn't seen anything close to the sun in months.

It's funny though. When you finally find the suit that you know works, you love it! And then you don't want to have to find another one! I do have one that I've had for a few years now that I love, but it's starting to show that I LOVE it. And it just might soon start showing a little too much, which I wouldn't love!

So how do we avoid this?

I have no idea! All I know is that you aren't the only one that stands in front of the mirror going, yikes, I look so much better at home!

And I guess this was just a moment of venting!

Anybody with me here??

Britt

No comments:

Post a Comment