Feb 12, 2011

It's been going great!

It's time for a little update!

The Beautiful Truth has now been officially running for two months now. There's been three official sessions and they have gone so well! All my fears should be put to rest by now, for each night we have had up to at least 20 beautiful ladies attend. The first week I shared my personal story and struggle to feel beautiful, as well as gave an inside look at how The Beautiful Truth came to be and what was to come in the future. It was such a neat way to begin this ministry and I look forward to doing it again, and again, and again. The second evening we met, we had our own professional make-up artist (Tina Brunelle) give us some great tips, and a new way of understanding what beauty for ashes means in our own lives. It was really neat to dig deeper into the reasons why we may not feel beautiful and I hope alot of eyes were opened that evening, like mine were.

 This past week was by far, the best. Why might you ask?

We were talking about sex.
Yep!
Always a popular topic with ladies....:)
It started out with Jen, (who is actually bringing a little girl into this world in about two weeks) about her own struggle to feel beautiful, and the need to seek attention and affirmation from guys. After she poured out her heart, I began to share some of God's truth---which I was so excited for---when the plans changed! Questions started pouring out from the girls, about sex, and marriage, and life, and guys, and sex....it was just awesome.
Being able to talk from a newlywed point of view, Jen and I really enjoyed being able to be honest and TELL THE TRUTH! It was such a cool night.

So far, we've gotten the most response out of that evening and it's made me think about how I should look at that in relation to the rest of the evenings.

I did go home that night worrying that I had said too much, or too little in other areas, and realized that no matter what, God is control of the hearts and minds of his girls.

Let me just say, it's a blessing to be a part of God's work!

I'll keep you posted on what's happening next!.

Britt

No comments:

Post a Comment