Feb 3, 2011

Beautiful - Bethany Dillon


We all desire one thing.

Let's be serious here.

Today I met with a friend and we were talking about exercise and eating healthy and came to the conclusion that there aren't too many women that go to the gym for any other purpose than to lose weight, tighten that booty, lose the underarm fat, my goodness the list could go on.

Why is this?

I mean, above all things, we desire to be beautiful.

I remember when I was going through my own battle with a minor eating disorder, that was the main thing I wanted.

To be beautiful.
To be desirable.
Often I desired to be flawless...

Yet, in time I realized that I am beautiful.
I am desirable.
I will never be flawless and I never want to be flawless.
My imperfections make me unique.
They make me beautiful.

Can I challenge you with something?

Can you take a dry erase marker, and write this on your mirror?

You are STUNNING. You are BEAUTIFUL. You are DESIRABLE.

ANYTHING. I want you to write whatever it is you need to so that you can remember how incredibly beautiful you are.

When things get tough for me and I don't feel beautiful, I don't feel good in my skin, you can bet on finding something written on my mirror. It will either be a verse, or just TRUTH. Words reminding me that I am so beautiful.

Soak in this incredible truth today ok?

Britt

No comments:

Post a Comment