Sep 5, 2011

We're Forgiven

Isn't that right there such a beautiful truth?

As I completed some other writing, the song, Forgiven by Sanctus Real came on the playlist, and I just had to write an encouraging reminder to us all. You and me both baby!

This line hits me the most, "devil just won't let me forget".

He doesn't seem to want us to forget what we've done in the past. He doesn't want us to live in the freedom of God's forgiveness. He wants us to be boggled down by every sin we've ever committed. He wants us to be filled with fear, anger, frustration, guilt, and just about every other things that fills us with pain. He wants to bring us as far away from God's original plan that he can. He begins by breaking our hearts, by ripping apart every truth he hold onto dearly in our hearts.

Sometimes when I'm struggling with my body image and holding onto God's truth, I begin to fear that I'm going to go down the same road I went a few years ago. That I'll just forget everything I've learned and spend my life on the eliptical again. I fear that I'll lose all the strength I've gain in my mind in knowing God's truth. And then I take a moment to stop and think and I'm reminded that fear is not from God, which means we are not supposed to hold on to that. The devil is doing everything in his power to keep myself from speaking God's truth into my own life, by spreading lies, which produces fear.

And that's when I've got it! I get it! I can battle through this because I've got the upper hand. I've got the creator of the universe on my side. He's not letting go of me anytime soon, so I can push through these lies, and believe in the truth. Thank goodness I'm not alone!

So where am I going with this?

We are forgiven. We means we don't need to live in fear because of what we've done in the past. We've been forgiven!

Praise God for this truth today!

Brit

Take a second to listen, we've been forgiven!

No comments:

Post a Comment