Nov 8, 2013

Healing Begins

Have you ever gone through something so painful, so terrifying, that you didn't think you would ever recover? Some of you would say it was a death of someone close to you, for others it would be a tragic accident, or an illness. It's in those times we search for something to hold on to. We find hope in the embrace of a spouse, or a parent. We may find hope in medicine, or exercise. We may even find hope in some time away from the pressures of life.
Yet, we still go to bed at night alone, in our own minds...
Until we allow God to come in.
I so wish I could explain my journey to you now. But I'm still in the midst of the rubble. I'm still learning how to walk on my own two feet. But what I can share is that Jesus Christ, the living God, is truer than all truth. My entire life has been filled with faith in Jesus, in belief that I am not alone on this journey.
But I didn't have much reason to doubt. I cannot begin to explain how blessed I feel as I look over my life and see the love that surrounded me from day one. Yet there was still pain. There was still fear. It's called life.
And this year, that faith was tested.
It was put through the fire.
I was put through the fire.
And it burned. It burned so deeply, I didn't know whether I would make it out alive. There were times I was filled with so much doubt in my mind, I couldn't even remember what truth was, what hope and joy felt like.
Have you been there?
Are you there now?
Well, you will be safe in His arms.
Trust in Him child of God.
 Where else do you think you came from? Do you think you are here by chance, for no purpose at all?
That's just not truth my dear friend. And that pain you are going through? That's not just coincidence either. God is allowing you to go through that for reasons I cannot explain. But what I can explain is that you are not alone. You are not the only one waking up in the middle of the night crying out for God to deliver you from this fear, this anger, this hurt. You are not the only one searching for healing. For direction towards the light.
I am right there with you.
And God desires for us to lay it down and seek Him. He wants us to turn our eyes away from ourselves, and onto Him.
I cannot yet explain what joy I feel in knowing that I am alive. I am alive and well and God is with me. Until now, I never fully grasped how deeply God loved ME. I knew He loved me. But He REALLY loves me. And he feels the same for you.
It's like for years I figured I needed to settle with my anxiety, it would be there forever.
 But God had a different plan. He wanted me to dig deeper, to battle the pain, the fears, the unrealistic fears that crept in without my wanting them.
And I am healing. I am becoming a new, better version, of ME.
Are you willing to trust? To cry out to God and say, ok, I really don't understand.
 I believe, but honestly, can you help me in my unbelief?
Friend, I am asking God this same thing each moment the fear nudges again. You aren't the only one.
The Beautiful Truth is evolving. As some of my friends would say, some times it feels like the ugly truth. Because life can be ugly. It can be painful. But through grace, it is turned into absolute beauty.
And that is how we find healing.
Through HIS beautiful truth.
Will you open up your heart to Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment